Progress Energy SunSense Solar Rebate Program
Progress Energy's Solar Rebate Program kicks off March 15th, 2011
The program is very limited so act now!!!
In a move to make a new solar electric (PV) or solar hot water system more affordable, Progress Energy is expanding its SunSense Program to give additional financial incentives to its customers in Florida. The energy company will begin accepting applications for the program on March 15th, but the limited funds available for the program are expected to be allocated quickly.
Residential Solar Incentives and Rebates
- Photovoltaic (PV) Systems- Progress Energy will give rebates of up to $2 for solar energy systems between 2 kilowatts and 10 Kilowatts. Maximum incentive is limited to $20,000 per participant.
- Solar Hot Water Systems- Progress Energy will offer a $550 rebate plus credits earned through the Energy Wise Home toward the installation of a qualifying solar hot water systems.
For more information about how to qualify for the Progress Energy SunSense Residential Solar Program contact Superior Solar Systems.
Commercial Solar Incentives and Rebates
- Photovoltaic Systems- This is a new program for businesses and offers substantial rebates for new commercial photovoltaic (PV) system installations. The solar rebates are structured as follows:
1. $2 per watt for the first 10kw
2. $1.50 per watt 11kw to 50kw
3. $1 per watt 51 kw-100kw
Maximum incentive available per client is $130,000